Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Journey of a Million Dollars Begins with a Single George

Confucius once said:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall
I have learned this lesson the hard way.  For years I had invested in the stock market without direction, buying into the next hot stock only to be burned by its inevitable downward tumble.  After each second-degree burn to my portfolio, I would lick my wounds and soldier right on.  It wasn't until after scouring the internet for the latest hot-trending stock that I came across an article on the power of reinvesting dividends. Suddently, everything fell into place and I developed a plan for action.  "By George", I said, "I think I've got it!"  No, this won't be a lesson on the power of compounding interest (I'll save that for later); rather it opened up my eyes to a whole new world of investing... one in which I could (hopefully) closely match market returns while generating a passive stream of income.

It has been a long and arduous journey, from the DRIP of the first few pennies to the heavy hitting of my monthly dividends/premiums.  I am well north of six-figures now and enjoy watching my dividends and other income streams compound.  I feel like my portfolio is steam rollin'!  But there is still lots to do and this is where this blog (and YOU!) come into play: sharing my journey on the path to financial independence.  So what are you waiting for?  The ship has sailed but its not too late to climb aboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment